This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
This BurgerFit gnocchi is a delicous and healthy dish for anytime of the year, but particulary with Thanksgiving coming up! It has lots of fall flavors incorporated into it and is always a crowd-pleaser!
What inspired the recipe?
Gnocchi is a food that is close to my heart. When my husband and I first started dating in 2011, he took me to this cute little restaurant for lunch. He said their gnocchi was out of this world and recommended I try it. I had never even heard of gnocchi but I am always up for trying something new! He was right, the gnocchi was amazing. Fun fact, while we were at lunch, I got a call from the massage place wondering where I was. I had forgotten I had scheduled a massage that day so I scarfed my food down and ran out the door, leaving my now-husband to finish lunch by himself!
Get the Recipe
This BurgerFit Gnocchi is super easy to prepare, filling, and delicious!
BurgerFit Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp, 1 tsp cooking fat divided
- 1 zucchini optional
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 9 oz package of gnocchi
- 1-2 BurgerFit burgers
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 cup pine nuts divided
- Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet and cover in cooking fat and salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Squash will start to brown on the edges
- While the butternut squash is cooking, chop zucchini and saute in a skillet on medium heat with 1 tbsp cooking fat and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook 3-5 minutes (or until desired tenderness), stirring occasionally. Cut leftover BurgerFit burgers into bite-size pieces and add to the pan to warm up.
- Cook gnocchi as instructed on package. After draining, mix in greens while still hot. This helps cook the greens a little but not too much.
- Mix ¼ cup parmesan cheese and ¼ cup pine nuts with butternut squash, zucchini, BurgerFit burger pieces, gnocchi, and the greens. Sprinkle remaining parmesan and pine nuts on top.
Need a BurgerFit Recipe?
Not sure what BurgerFit recipe to make or just want to find a BurgerFit recipe to use up the vegetables you have in your kitchen? We’ve got a list of our Top 20 BurgerFit recipes! You can find recipes for everything from spinach to eggplant to cauliflower and peas. There are so many ideas for the most common vegetables found in your kitchen!
If gnocchi isn’t your thing or you don’t have it on hand when it is time to start cooking, you can swap it out for noodles. We love this recipe with garbanzo bean noodles too!
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!