Meat + Veggie Burgers
BurgerFit recipes were created to help you and your family to eat healthier! BurgerFit burgers combine ground meat with veggies to get even those picky eaters, eating more vegetables and loving them! These are not vegetarian recipes unless you replace the ground meat with your favorite meat replacement. BurgerFit burgers are absolutely delicious and no one has to know they are loaded with veggies!
Four Pepper Burger
1. Four Pepper Burger: Looking for an easy way to put a healthy twist on your family’s Taco Tuesdays? Our Four Pepper Burger is a perfect way to start getting more creative with veggies in the kitchen.
Pickles & Greens Burger
3. Pickles & Greens Burger: This delicious concoction was the very first of Alane’s creations that led to the idea of BurgerFit. It came about after she tried a pickle and thought it tasted like worcestershire sauce.
Spinach & Mushroom Burger
4. Spinach & Mushroom Burger: This is our go-to BurgerFit burger whenever we have to hide a vegetable! The mushrooms take on the color and texture of whatever meat you’re using and often go undetected to picky eaters!
Sweet Potato & Rosemary Burger
6. Sweet Potato & Rosemary Burger: You may be wondering why Alane used sweet potatoes in one of her BurgerFit recipes since so many people love them. While a lot of people do like them, there are some (especially toddlers) who don’t like them or go through phases where they won’t eat anything orange.
Carrot & Thyme Burger
9. Carrot and Thyme Burger: It wasn’t until much later that Alane discovered that she liked carrots. This burger is a perfect example of using a burger to get all the nutrients you need from veggies- while hiding their flavors!
Sun-dried Tomato & Artichoke Burger
13. Sun-dried Tomato & Artichoke Burger: This burger is perfect for our on-the-go readers. They can be made quickly and easily, and, as a bonus, they have a long shelf life!
Brussels Sprouts & Raisin Burger
16. Brussels Sprouts & Raisin Burger: Don’t judge this burger before you try it! Raisins in a burger may seem like a strange addition, but they provide a sweetness that makes it irresistable!
Ethiopian Lentil Burger
17. Ethiopian Lentil Burger: Don’t let this recipe fool you! Even though there are a lot of different spices in this recipe, the burger tastes very similar to a traditional one!
Beans, Greens, & Balsamic Burger
18. Beans, Greens & Balsamic Burger: When people think of balsamic vinegar, they often think of putting it on mozzarella or salads. But here at BurgerFit, we enjoy it so much that we had to build a recipe with it! Once you try it, you won’t second guess putting it in a burger again!
19. Indian Burger: While creating this burger, Alane came up with her greatest tip for hiding vegetables in burgers without her family finding out. While putting ingredients in the food processor, she hid it behind the refrigerator door!
What They’re Saying
Not your typical burger with fries! I grew up just eating burgers with cheese, ketchup, and mustard alongside some fries...This burger offers more nutritional value while still being delicious to eat with the condiments that I love. A side dish of rosemary potatoes in place of fried french fries made it even better. This dish was a nice change from the average burger and had great flavor.JoeyADAMANT EASY MEAL EATER
BurgerFit is a valuable resource to have at my office when talking about improving eating habits with my patients. It shows them that making healthier choices doesn’t mean giving up food that they know and love, and it helps them make the transition toward seeing food as a joyful part of self care, rather than something to feel guilty about.JamieOWNER OF THRIVE WELLNESS CLINIC
Wait, these are healthy? If I had known, I wouldn't have eaten them...But they are good, so just don't tell me next time.AlanEIGHTY-TWO YEAR OLD WHO REFUSES TO EAT ANYTHING HEALTHY
Trust me when I tell you these burgers are amazing!JamiDIRECTOR OF HOPE CENTER: ADOPTION & FAMILY SERVICES
I have had the wonderful opportunity to have them, and oh boy! My five-year-old even loved them. This is not your sneaky cook of the nineties, these are burgers your family will love. I cannot wait for the cookbook to come out so we can incorporate these into our weekly family meals.