This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Spinach & Mushroom BurgerFit Burger
Bryan Ladd and Alane BoydJump to Recipe
Alane Boyd and Bryan Ladd film another installment of Cooking with My Friends in Alane’s Tennessee kitchen. Together, they cook a keto-friendly meal together featuring the spinach & mushroom BurgerFit burger. Bryan made some delicious keto food in this episode, and even Alane’s dad, who typically refuses to eat vegetables, went back for a second helping! In this episode, Bryan made a keto appetizer and also a baked cauliflower dish.
Bryan’s story is truly inspirational. He started the keto diet after realizing he needed to make some lifestyle changes. In 6 months, he lost 100 lbs!
Why eat the Spinach & Mushroom BurgerFit Burger?
Spinach plus mushrooms? Yes, please! The texture of mushrooms blend seamlessly into these burgers. Mushrooms can be an excellent source of vitamin D, selenium, and copper. Selenium has been getting a lot of recognition recently due to its important role in metabolism and thyroid function.
Get the Recipes
These recipes are super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making them!
Spinach and Mushroom BurgerFit Burger
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon cooking fat. Rough chop the mushrooms and saute with a ½ teaspoon of salt for about 10 minutes, until soft. For the last couple of minutes, add the spinach to the skillet to cook with the mushrooms.
- Once the spinach and mushrooms are cooked, put the spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and onion in the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and the remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes on each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Serve with your favorite cheese and condiments.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocado
- Mix sour cream and avocado together until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with carrots, celery, or your favorite veggie!
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the frozen cauliflower in a glass dish and microwave for a minute less than the recommended time. You don't want it too soft.
- In another glass dish, add the cheese, butter, and bacon, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the cheese, butter, and bacon mixture over the cooked cauliflower and lightly mix.
- Top the cauliflower with some more cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower dish from the oven, and add seasonings and spices as desired.
- Mix the spices into the cauliflower dish.
If you and your family are new to eating vegetables, this is the burger I recommend starting with.
Meet the Hosts
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Bryan Ladd is the owner of Cookeville in Ketosis, a.k.a. Upper Cumberland Health. So far in his fitness journey, he has lost over 140 pounds.
How We Met
Bryan and I originally connected through a mutual friend, Shannon Cantrel when we needed to have some photography done. He does beautiful real estate photography! He also has an incredible weight loss story after starting the keto diet and losing over 140 pounds. After having so much success, he started a Facebook group, Cookeville in Ketosis (Upper Cumberland Health), to inspire others to have a healthier lifestyle. I love his story and wanted to share some of his recipes for success on the show. This time the cameras were turned and he had to be in front of them and not behind him!