This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Vegan Asian BurgerFit Burger
Kassia and AlaneJump to Recipe
Alane traveled to Nashville for Episode 9 of Cooking with My Friends with Kassia Fiedor. Kassia is a private chef, holisitic nutritionist, herbalist and owner of Infused Holistic Kitchen. She recently published her first cookbook called Cocina Holistica. All the recipes, inspired by Guatemalan superfoods, are gluten and dairy free! This episode features the vegan Asian BurgerFit burger and Kassia’s Green Mango Coco salad from her cookbook.
“Kassia’s Green Mango Coco salad is incredible! Some of the ingredients I had never eaten together before. It was even more delicious than I could have imagined!” – Alane
Why eat the vegan Asian BurgerFit Burger?
Snap peas and bok choy are two vegetables many people wouldn’t eat solo…But mixed into this burger, they provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, including iron and folate. Both vegetables also add fiber to assist with digestive health. Studies have shown that many people do not consume enough fiber, so eating this burger can help you get more of this important nutrient. Coconut aminos is a great substitute for soy sauce, which is higher in sodium and off limits for people with soy and/or gluten allergies or sensitivities.
Get the Recipes
These recipes are super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making them!
Green Mango Coco Salad
- 1 green mango julienned or shredded
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 young coconut sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup cilantro rough chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews chopped
- Prepare all the ingredients for the salad and mix together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, blend everything in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing into the salad and toss until well incorporated. Reserve the remaining dressing to use as a dip or dressing for another salad.
- Taste and adjust salt and lime if needed.
Vegan Asian BurgerFit Burger
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon cooking fat. Rough chop bok choy, and saute with the snap peas and 1/2 teaspoon salt until salt, about 10 minutes.
- Once the snap peas and bok choy are cooked, add the snap peas, bok choy, 2 teaspoons coconut aminos, and hot sauce to the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely. Taste the vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired.
- In a large bowl, add the lentils and quinoa. Mash the lentils and quinoa together with your hands until well incorporated. Add the remaining teaspoon of coconut aminos and salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your burgers on a sheet pan and cook in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.
If you prefer, you can use soy sauce in place of coconut aminos.
This Green Mango Coco Salad recipe is vegan!
Meet the Hosts
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Kassia Fiedor is a private chef, holistic nutritionist, and herbalist from Southern California. She lived in Guatemala for 5 years where she gained an appreciation for Guatemalan foods. She combined this experience with her passion for holistic living and using food as medicine and authored her Cocina Holistica cookbook.
How We Met
You never know what chance meeting you are going to have with someone amazing! I was getting ready for my spotlight author signing at the Nashville Health and Wellness Fest when this beauty showed up just a little early for her author signing. That beauty was Kassia! We exchanged brief introductions and information with each other and I quickly fell in love with what she does with her brand. I was so excited to shoot our first vegan episode with her and her plant based approach to food!