This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Four Pepper Burger
What makes this burger special?
I always plant several varieties of pepper plants in my garden, and the summer when I created this recipe we were on pepper overload! I needed a creative way to help us eat some of them. In the original recipe, I used fresh serrano peppers instead of cayenne because that is what I had on hand from the garden. Either works great for this recipe!
While all bell peppers contain vitamins A, C, and E, the bright red and orange sweet peppers contain the highest amounts of vitamins A and C. The orange peppers contain both lutein and zeaxanthin, which are known to help filter out blue light and protect the eyes. Spicy foods are also known to boost your metabolism- you can makethese as spicy or mild as you like by adding or removing hot peppers.
Get the Recipe
This Four Pepper BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
4 Pepper BurgerFit Burger
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/4 fresh jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb ground meat
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 2 tablespoons cooking fat. Chop the bell peppers and sweet peppers, removing the center seeds. Chop just enough jalapeno to your desired spiciness. Add all of the peppers to the skillet with ½ teaspoon of salt. Sauté all the peppers until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, put the peppers, cayenne pepper, and garlic in the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite cheese and make as a deconstructed taco burger with cassava flour tortillas.
- Pepper jack cheese
- Sour Cream
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!