This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Carrot & Thyme BurgerFit Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
It wasn’t until much later in my life that I started liking carrots. I never understood why people liked them, even when they were covered in ranch dressing. I wish I’d had BurgerFit burgers growing up so that I could have adapted my tastebuds sooner. This Gluten-Free Carrot & Thyme BurgerFit Burger is delicious any way it is served, and the flavors are subtle enough that it can pass as a traditional burger if needed for your family.
Did you ever hear that eating carrots give you better eyesight? Bright orange vegetables, such as our crunchy friend carrot, are full of carotenoids that are converted to vitamin A after the food is digested. Vitamin A helps with our vision by protecting the surface of the eye (the cornea). You can also use the greens of your carrots in this burger, too! They’re full of nutrients!
Get the Recipe
This Gluten-Free Carrot & Thyme BurgerFit Burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Carrot & Thyme BurgerFit Burger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the stems off the carrots, quarter them lengthwise, and then cut them crosswise (no need to peel the carrots, unless you prefer to). Mix with 1 tablespoon cooking fat and thyme, then roast on a baking tray for 20 minutes. While the carrots are roasting, heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 teaspoon cooking fat and sauté the kale until cooked down, about 10 minutes.
- Once the carrots and kale are cooked, put the carrots, kale, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt in the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve on a green salad with lemon poppyseed dressing
Did your carrots come with the greens? You can use those in your burger too! They can be a little bitter, so start with just a few of the carrotgreens your first time and see how you like them.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!