This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Cranberry Pistachio Cheese
This Gluten-Free Cranberry Pistachio Cheese is a fun appetizer packed with flavor that you can whip together in minutes. To make it keto, omit the maple syrup and substitute with keto-approved sweetener if desired.
What inspired the recipe?
This recipe is a true testament to my “just use what you have” philosophy. I was trying to create an appetizer to bring to my family’s gathering and was scrambling for ingredients. As I always have goat cheese on hand, I started with that. Upon searching around my kitchen, I found the dried cranberries and pistachios and threw them together hoping for the best. When I realized how good that combo was, I dressed it up with the maple syrup and spices. It looks beautiful and tastes amazing!
Get the Recipe
This Gluten-Free Cranberry Pistachio Cheese is super easy to prepare, filling, and delicious!
Cranberry Pistachio Cheese
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup shelled roasted pistachios
- 1 seed cardamom pod or 1/8 tsp cardamom optional
- Put dried cranberries and pistachios together in a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds to one minute. You want the mixture to be chopped but not a complete powder. It is okay if some turns to a powder, this is perfect for the blend to go into the cheese.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture from the food processor and set aside. This will be used to crust the outside of the cheese. Leave the more finely chopped cranberries and pistachios in the food processor.
- Add maple syrup, ginger powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, cardamom, brie, and goat cheese to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper. Scoop the cheese mixture into a log shape on the parchment paper
- Roll the parchment paper around the cheese and shape into a log shape
- Place the cheese in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until it holds together
- On a fresh piece of parchment paper, spread out the remaining chopped dried cranberries and pistachios. Roll the cheese log over it so that the mixture covers the outside.
- Remove the parchment paper
- Serve on BurgerFit burgers or crackers or both!
What Would Alane Do?
Want to get wild? Drizzle honey on top!
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
This is the type of food that you would be proud to share to your family and friends because it’s not only healthy, it is also super delicious. The Pistachio and cranberry is a very creative combo, you can draw so much flavor from just one bite. I will add some raisins when I make this again, something tells me my kids would love it.
Thank you for your review Panda Master, we appreciate it! If your kids love extra sweetness, you can drizzle honey on top.