This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Keto Broccoli Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
I hate being wasteful, especially when it comes to food. When I learned you could eat broccoli stalks and greens, I was excited. I felt as if I had learned an insider secret and needed to tell the world. I was thrilled when my girlfriend Nura chose this Keto Broccoli Burger as her BurgerFit burger for our Cooking with my Friends episode. We even improved the recipe with commonly used Cuban spices!
Don’t toss that broccoli stalk! Both the florets and the stalks of broccoli contain vitamins B and C, and potassium. The florets contain higher amounts of protective phytochemicals such as beta carotene, and the stalks contain more fiber.
Get the Recipe
This Keto Broccoli BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Broccoli BurgerFit Burger
- Cut stalk from head of broccoli. Rough chop the head, including any greens. To cut the stalk, cut the bottom off so that it can stand flat.
- Stand the stem up and cut off the tough outside, following the shape of the stem.
- Once all of the exterior is removed, roughly chop the remaining stalk. Add the broccoli, greens, stalk, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ cup of water to a saucepan. Put heat on medium and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat if water is evaporating. Cook time is about 10 minutes. You want the broccoli soft but not mushy.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, put the broccoli, oregano, cumin, and garlic in the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 3-5 minutes on each side or to your preference. Cooking times vary depending on what type of meat you're using.
- Optional: Serve with sharp cheddar cheese.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!