Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke Burger
What makes this burger special?
I love this burger because it can be made so quickly. The vegetables in this recipe don’t need to be cooked beforehand, so you can take them from their containers and throw them right in the food processor. They also have a long shelf life, so keeping them on hand is easy. Because this burger is so easy and quick to throw together, make it when you need a healthy meal and don’t have a lot of time!
Lycopene, found in tomatoes, is a powerful antioxidant that becomes better absorbed by the body when the tomatoes are exposed to heat. Sun-dried tomatoes are a great source of protective phytochemicals. Artichoke hearts, the tender inner bud of the artichoke, are full of vitamins and minerals such as folate and niacin.
Get the Recipe
This Sun-Dried Tomato & Artichoke BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Sundried Tomato & Artichoke Burger
- Measuring cups
- Food processor
- Measuring spoons
- 1/8 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts in the food processor (or finely chop).
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve over a green salad with additional sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!