This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
4 WW Points Southwest Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
There is a reason so many restaurants create a vegetarian burger from black beans: They make delicious burgers! We love eating this 4 WW Points Southwest Burger, both as a traditional burger and as a deconstructed version for taco night.
Want to see how to make this burger? Watch episode 8 of Cooking with My Friends!
Get the Recipe
This 4 WW Points Southwest BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Southwest BurgerFit Burger
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 teaspoon cooking fat. Add the kale and ½ teaspoon salt, and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Once the kale is cooked, put the black beans, kale, chili powder, paprika, and desired amount of jalapeno (optional) in the food processor (or finely chop kale and mash black beans with hands). Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve with salsa and make as a deconstructed taco burger with cassava flour tortillas.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!