This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Keto Sweet Potato and Rosemary Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
You may be wondering why I used sweet potatoes in one of the recipes since so many people love them. While a lot of people do like them, there are some (especially toddlers) who don’t like them or who go through phases where they will not eat anything orange. The great thing about this Keto Sweet Potato and Rosemary Burger recipe is that everyone else in your family who loves rosemary sweet potatoes can enjoy them as a side with their burgers!
Want to see how to make this burger? Watch episode 6 of Cooking with My Friends!
Get the Recipe
This Keto Sweet Potato and Rosemary BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Sweet Potato + Rosemary BurgerFit Burger
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon cooking fat divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided
- 3/4 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 cups raw spinach or kale
- 1 lb ground meat
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Quarter the sweet potatoes lengthwise, then cut them crosswise. Mix with 1 tablespoon cooking fat, ½ teaspoon salt, and rosemary, then roast on a baking tray for 30 minutes. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon cooking fat and saute the spinach until cooked down, about 5 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes and greens are cooked, put the sweet potatoes and greens in the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve with a side of rosemary sweet potatoes.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!