This BurgerFit flatbread is a perfect appetizer to share or as a whole meal for yourself! We’ve even eaten it for breakfast before. We thought we were going to eat just one bite but then ate the whole thing (oops)! Try any of our BurgerFit burger recipes on it!
What inspired the recipe?
There is a restaurant that I love that I used to visit regularly called Bo-beau in Ocean Beach, San Diego. They have a flatbread on their appetizer menu that is to die for and I have used it so many times as inspiration for other recipes! It has been many years since I have been back but I think of their flatbread often. This BurgerFit deconstructed recipe was inspired by it!
Get the Recipe
This BurgerFit Flatbread is super easy to prepare, filling, and delicious!
- Measuring spoons
- Stirring spoon
- Spreading knife
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Sheet tray
- 1 piece naan or flatbread of choice
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- Feta or goat cheese to taste
- 1 BurgerFit burger broken into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tbsp pesto or a pepper jam
- 1 tbsp cooking fat
- Slice onion and add to skillet on medium heat with 1 tbsp cooking fat.
- Cook onions until brown and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Spread pesto or pepper jam onto flatbread.
- Add caramelized onions, BurgerFit burger and cheese
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes, or until bread is toasted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy!
- Zucchini Pesto
- Ethiopian Lentil
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!