This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Episode 3: What's in Our Lunch
Alane Boyd and Stephanie Zarling
It’s “What’s in Our Lunch”! On Tuesday’s, Alane Boyd, host of Cooking with My Friends and CEO of BurgerFit, and Stephanie Zarling, Certified Health Coach and Marketing Director of BurgerFit, share what is in their lunch to give you quick, healthy ideas for your meals. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see get other healthy eating tips and lunch ideas!
I’m so excited to taste this because I already know it’s going to be good! – Alane
Watch the "What's in Our Lunch" Video
Get the Recipes
- Heat up frozen cauliflower rice & handful of spinach
- Add 1 tbsp (or more) coconut aminos
- Add Egg white & spinach frittata from Veggies Made Great
- Drizzle with Yellowbird hot sauce to taste.
Dijon Quinoa Salad
- Rough chop a handful or two of spinach
- Cook 1/2 cup quinoa using desired method
- Dice a tomato and red onion
- Add 1/4 olive oil, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper (to taste) to a jar and shake!
- Add quinoa, tomatoes, onions, feta cheese and broken up Veggies Made Great egg white & frittata to chopped spinach and drizzle with the dijon mustard dressing.
Meet Our Hosts
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Stephanie Zarling's lifelong passion for health and wellness led her to the Functional Medicine Health Coaching Academy program where she is expected to graduate with her certificate in February 2020. She is currently the Marketing Director for BurgerFit and enjoys incorporating her knowledge of health and nutrition into her everyday work.
How We Met
Oh man, I could go on for days about how amazing Stephanie is! I met Stephanie when she was working at a local restaurant that my husband and I eat lunch at often. She was always so friendly and took the time to remember our names and chat with us when we would come in. Eventually we hired her for our businesses, and she joined the BurgerFit team. She is working on getting her holistic health coaching certification (March 2020) so obviously loves cooking healthy and is also a singer and guitarist. She really can do it all! We love sharing healthy recipes with each other and trying each other’s lunches. It was a natural fit for us to host this show together ????