This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Keto Butternut Squash BurgerFit Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
Kale and butternut squash are both winners when it comes to vitamin A. This powerful vitamin plays an important role in the body’s immune system. When the two vegetables are combined in this burger, they provide close to 100% of the vitamin A recommended for children and over half of the recommended amount for adults. For your reference, if the grocery store doesn’t have butternut squash, any type of winter squash works great in this recipe!
Get the Recipe
This Keto Butternut Squash BurgerFit Burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Butternut Squash & Dill BurgerFit Burger
- 1 butternut squash for 1 cup cooked
- 2 cups raw kale
- 1 teaspoon cooking fat
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 lb ground meat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the butternut squash lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Place the squash in a glass baking dish and roast for 30 minutes. While the squash is cooking, heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 teaspoon cooking fat. Add 2 cups kale and ½ teaspoon salt, and saute until it cooks down, about 10 minutes. Once the squash is cool to the touch, scoop out 1 cup.
- Add the squash, kale, and 1 teaspoon dill to the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve with feta cheese and leftover butternut squash over kale.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!