This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Spinach and Mushroom Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
I love this Gluten-Free Spinach and Mushroom BurgerFit burger! It is the go-to burger if you really need to disguise a vegetable. The mushrooms take on the flavor and texture of the meat, so it tastes like a regular burger.
Want to see how to make this burger? Watch episode 4 of Cooking with My Friends!
Spinach plus mushrooms? Yes, please! The texture of mushrooms blend seamlessly into these burgers. Mushrooms can be an excellent source of vitamin D, selenium, and copper. Selenium has been getting a lot of recognition recently due to its important role in metabolism and thyroid function.
Get the Recipe
This Gluten-Free Spinach and Mushroom BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Spinach and Mushroom BurgerFit Burger
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground meat
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon cooking fat. Rough chop the mushrooms and saute with a ½ teaspoon of salt for about 10 minutes, until soft. For the last couple of minutes, add the spinach to the skillet to cook with the mushrooms.
- Once the spinach and mushrooms are cooked, put the spinach, mushrooms, garlic, and onion in the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and the remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes on each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Serve with your favorite cheese and condiments.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!