This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Whole30 Radish and Lemon Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
I never even knew you could roast radishes until a few years ago! My sister and I were participating in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program where you receive a box of vegetables from a local farmer based on what is growing that time of year. We were getting a lot of radishes in our boxes and could only eat so many raw ones in our salads. Then she found a recipe for roasted radishes and it was delicious! This changed our entire perspective on getting radishes in our CSA boxes. I love this Whole30 Radish and Lemon BurgerFit burger because it combines two flavors you would never think to put together, but the result is amazing!
Want to see how to make this burger? Watch episode 5 of Cooking with My Friends!
Radishes contain glucosinolates, which are sulfur-containing compounds that help protect your cells and keep them healthy. These glucosinolates are also what give radishes their bitter, pungent flavor. Their greens are chock full of vitamins and minerals. This burger encompasses the “waste not, want not” philosophy. By using all of the radishes, greens included, your burger has extra nutritional value. This recipe also follows many dietary lifestyles including keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, whole30, paleo, AIP, and it has low WW points!
Get the Recipe
This Whole30 Radish and Lemon BurgerFit burger recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Radish & Lemon BurgerFit Burger
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the greens off the radishes and set aside. Remove any roots from the radish and discard. If the radishes are large, cut them in half. Coat the radishes with 1 tablespoon cooking fat, place on a baking tray, and cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the radishes are baking, juice half a lemon, set aside, and rough chop the radish greens.
- Once the radishes are baked, add the greens to the hot pan with the radishes. The heat from the radishes will cook the greens and save you from having to cook them separately!
- Drizzle everything with the lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Add the radishes and greens to the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add the ground meat and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal. If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burger and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite cheese and condiments.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!