This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Pinto Bean and Koops’ Jalapeno Mustard Burger
What makes this burger special?Jump to Recipe
As I was putting this cookbook together, COVID-19 was spreading throughout the world, and families were staying at home. We started keeping dried goods on hand to limit the number of times we needed to go to the grocery store. I got creative with what I had on hand to create this Pinto Bean and Koops’ Jalapeno Mustard Burger! Watch how to make this burger on our BurgerFit Friday episode.
Why eat the Pinto Bean and Koops' Jalapeno Mustard burger?
Not only is this recipe gluten-free and dairy-free, but it is also packed with important vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber due to the pinto beans. According to Healthline, pinto beans boast plenty of thiamine, iron, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. Pinto beans are also an excellent source of dietary fiber, which is linked to improved blood sugar regulation and gut health, among numerous other benefits.
Get the Recipe
This Pinto Bean and Koops’ Jalapeno Mustard BurgerFit recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Pinto Bean & Koops’ Jalapeno Mustard Burger
- 2 cups Pinto Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 2 tbsp Koops' Jalapeno Mustard
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- Mix all ingredients except for ground meat together. Either mash the pinto beans with your fingers or spoon, or add to the food processor.
- In a large bowl, add the ground meat. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal (If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees).
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 3-5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
I couldn’t be more proud of my daughter for pulling out a great dinner for everyone last night. She served this dish and everyone was very so fascinated with the flavor of this dish. Good job Alane!
Thanks for sharing Glen and great job to your daughter, you must be so proud of her for perfecting the recipe!