This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Whole30 Pickled Onions
About the RecipeJump to Recipe
Over the years, I have developed an obsession with pickled onions but could never find the courage to make them myself until I went to a cooking class in Mexico taught by a home cook. I realized my apprehension was unnecessary and finally took the plunge! Once you have the basics down, you can make the recipe your own by adding additional spices that you like. One thing I love about this Whole30 Pickled Onions recipe is that it can be made and ready to eat with your meal in under an hour. The recipe is also Gluten-free, Paleo, Dairy-free, and AIP!
Get the Recipe
This Whole30 Pickled Onions recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- While water is heating, peel the outside of the onion and discard.
- Cut the onion lengthwise into half moons and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the sliced onions and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the water and add 2 cups cold or room temperature water to cool the onions down. Let sit for several minutes.
- Drain the water again, then add the remaining ingredients except edible flowers. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, then add flowers. The edible flowers add a beautiful pop of color to your pickled onions!
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!