The Best AIP-Friendly Burger Recipes to Help You Eat Healthier
Did you know you can eat burgers while sticking to your AIP-friendly meal plan? In this blog, we will be sharing the best AIP-friendly burger recipes to help you eat healthier while enjoying it!
The autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet is a food-based approach to eliminating unwanted inflammation in a person’s body. It’s a diet that’s thought to help heal your gut to reduce inflammation created by autoimmune conditions. The diet is very restrictive and mainly includes meats and vegetables.
BurgerFit recipes were created to help you and your family to eat healthier! BurgerFit burgers combine ground meat with veggies to get even those picky eaters, eating more vegetables and loving them! These are not vegetarian recipes unless you replace the ground meat with your favorite meat replacement. BurgerFit burgers are absolutely delicious and no one has to know they are loaded with veggies!
Spinach & Mushroom Burger
1. Spinach & Mushroom Burger: This is our go-to BurgerFit burger whenever we have to hide a vegetable! Not only is it AIP-friendly, but the mushrooms take on the color and texture of whatever meat you’re using and often go undetected to picky eaters! Watch how to make this burger on Cooking with My Friends.
Sweet Potato & Rosemary Burger
2. Sweet Potato & Rosemary Burger: You may be wondering why Alane used sweet potatoes in one of her BurgerFit recipes since so many people love them. While a lot of people do like them and they are perfect for AIP dieters, there are some (especially toddlers) who don’t like them or go through phases where they won’t eat anything orange. Watch how to make this burger on Cooking with My Friends.
3. Beet Burger: Not only are they delicious, but beets are also full of minerals! Our beet burger is a fan favorite- it can be yours too!
Butternut Squash & Dill Burger
4. Butternut Squash and Dill Burger: Your tastebuds will never forget this Thanksgiving-inspired burger! Not only is it delicious and AIP-friendly, it’s also full of Vitamin A!
Carrot & Thyme Burger
5. Carrot and Thyme Burger: It wasn’t until much later that Alane discovered that she liked carrots. This burger is a perfect example of using a burger to get all the nutrients you need from veggies- while hiding their flavors!
Beans, Greens, & Balsamic Burger
6. Beans, Greens & Balsamic Burger: When people think of balsamic vinegar, they often think of putting it on mozzarella or salads. Here at BurgerFit, we enjoy it so much that we had to build a AIP-friendly recipe with it! Once you try it, you won’t second guess putting it in a burger again!
What They’re Saying
Not your typical burger with fries! I grew up just eating burgers with cheese, ketchup, and mustard alongside some fries...This burger offers more nutritional value while still being delicious to eat with the condiments that I love. A side dish of rosemary potatoes in place of fried french fries made it even better. This dish was a nice change from the average burger and had great flavor.JoeyADAMANT EASY MEAL EATER
BurgerFit is a valuable resource to have at my office when talking about improving eating habits with my patients. It shows them that making healthier choices doesn’t mean giving up food that they know and love, and it helps them make the transition toward seeing food as a joyful part of self care, rather than something to feel guilty about.JamieOWNER OF THRIVE WELLNESS CLINIC
Wait, these are healthy? If I had known, I wouldn't have eaten them...But they are good, so just don't tell me next time.AlanEIGHTY-TWO YEAR OLD WHO REFUSES TO EAT ANYTHING HEALTHY
Trust me when I tell you these burgers are amazing!JamiDIRECTOR OF HOPE CENTER: ADOPTION & FAMILY SERVICES
I have had the wonderful opportunity to have them, and oh boy! My five-year-old even loved them. This is not your sneaky cook of the nineties, these are burgers your family will love. I cannot wait for the cookbook to come out so we can incorporate these into our weekly family meals.