What inspired this recipe?
I still laugh thinking about the first time I made this. It was the 4th of July, and I wanted to have a dessert alternative to the cake my brother was bringing. I also thought this might be a good “icing” for the cake. It didn’t win over my family, and they completely laughed when I tried serving it. I’ll admit, it didn’t go well with the butter cake… but it turns out that we were serving it wrong! This whip served with bananas or apples is out of this world.
Get the Recipe
This Date Whip recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
- 5 Dates pitted
- 8 oz Cream or coconut cream
- 2 cups Swiss Chard
- 4 bananas or apples sliced
- Place dates and cream in a food processor and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Add swiss chard and blend in a food processor until whipped. Occasionally stop processing to stir and push the mixture down on the sides.
- It is done when it is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Slice bananas or apples and place in desired serving dish. Add date whip on top and serve.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!