This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Episode 3: What's in Our Pantry
Easy Pantry Soup
Delicious and spicy, just the way I like it! – Alane
Watch the "What's in Our Pantry" Video
Get the Recipes
- Cooking fat (I used coconut oil), only needed if using green onion
- 1 Green onion, optional for added flavor
- 32 oz Chicken broth
- Can of black beans
- Box of noodles (I used gluten-free)
- Can of Rotel
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Boiled egg
- Ground beef
- Ground pork
- Rice in place of the noodles
- Any vegetables, such as potatoes or zucchini
- In a large pot, add cooking fat and chopped green onion on medium heat on the stove. Cook for 1-2 minutes. If not using, skip to the next step.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and add chicken broth, beans, rotel, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add noddles. Cook until noodles are done.
- Peel boiled egg and cut in half. Serve soup with a boiled egg on top.
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!