This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Puff Fried Rice - Episode 8: What's in Our Pantry
Gluten-Free Puff Fried Rice
It tastes like popcorn!-Alane
Watch the "What's in Our Pantry" Video
Get the Recipe
Puff Fried Rice
- 2 cups oil for frying
- ½ cup rice
- salt to taste
- Heat a small pot of oil to 350 degrees. Use a thermometer if you have one to see when the oil reaches that temp.
- Place the extra pot and strainer close by with the strainer sitting in the pot.
- Drop a piece of rice to see if it "puffs" when you drop it in. Similar to how you would test a piece of popcorn kernel if you were making popcorn on the stove.
- Carefully pour the rice into the hot oil. Count 5-10 seconds and the rice should be puffed and ready!
- Pour oil and rice through the strainer.
- Rice will be very hot! Be careful. Salt rice to taste.
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!