This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Keto Bone Broth
“I save bones from previous dinners and store the bones in a Ziploc bag in the freezer. I simply fill the bag up until I have enough to make broth or have a chicken carcass from baking a whole chicken. It makes it so easy!”-Alane
Get the Recipes
- Chicken bones
- 8 cups water
- In a large pot, add the chicken bones and cover with the water. Add spices and herbs, such as bay leaves, star anise, garlic, onion, lemon, etc. (really anything that you have that would be good in a broth) along with the bones too.
- Cook on medium heat until the water comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and adjust the lid so air can escape.
- Leave it on a low simmer for 24 hours, adding water as needed to keep the level above the bones.
- When you smoosh the chicken bones with your fingers, the broth is done.
- Using a fine mesh colander, strain the bones from broth.
- Discard the bones.
- Add salt and other spices as desired. Refrigerate and use within 7 days or freeze immediately to use for another time.
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!
Want to have your product featured in one of our videos?
Email us at email@example.com.Contact Us
Hi Alane, this is a very easy and quick recipe thanks a lot of sharing. I like making bone broth but I always end up getting a lot of foam coming up. Do I need to discard the foam or leave it? Does it even help with the flavor?
Hi Mary! I normally discard the foam as it doesn’t add to the flavor. Let me know how this recipe turns out for you!