This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Firecracker Burger BurgerFit Friday
It’s BurgerFit Friday sponsored by Koops’ Mustard! On this Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! In this episode, Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious gluten-free Firecracker BurgerFit burger recipe!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more BurgerFit Friday episodes.
The Firecracker burger packs sweet heat
“The best part is, your guests won’t even know that they’re eating a vegetable, or any picky kids that maybe don’t like orange food, they won’t even realize that sweet potatoes are in this!”-Alane
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
Get the recipe
- Preheat oven on 425 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ½ in chunks and place on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over them and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Check sweet potatoes, if not cooked the way through, continue cooking until thy are.
- While potatoes are cooking, place ground meat in bowl with salt and Firecracker Hot Sauce. Wait to mix until sweet potatoes are added so that you don't overwork the ground meat.
- Let cool for a few minutes, enough to be able to handle them without burning yourself.
- Measure 1 cup of sweet potatoes and mash with a fork. Add them to the bowl with ground meat and mix ingredients together. Save extra sweet potatoes to serve as a side dish or throw into other meals.
- Patty out your burgers.
- Cook on skillet, in oven, or on grill!
- If you have spice sensitive people that will be enjoying the meal with you, you can add less hot sauce to the burger and save some for putting on top.
- You can mellow out the heat in the burger by adding cheese on top.
- Add chopped greens, such as kale or spinach, to the burger recipe for even more nutrients!
- Don't have any sweet potatoes but still want to make this burger? Replace the sweet potatoes with carrots, beets, or radishes for an equally delicious Firecracker BurgerFit burger!
- Create your own BurgerFit Deconstructed recipe by putting these in a tortilla for taco night.
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.