This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Firecracker Burger BurgerFit Friday
On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers, Koops’ Mustard, and SunGarden Sprouts! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Homemade Paleo BBQ Sauce recipe with Spicy Brown Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden Sunflower Sprouts mix!
This recipe is sponsored by Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden Sprouts. You can order Koops’ Mustard at koopsmustard.com or on Amazon and order SunGarden Sprouts on their website.
The Firecracker burger packs sweet heat
“The best part is, your guests won’t even know that they’re eating a vegetable, or any picky kids that maybe don’t like orange food, they won’t even realize that sweet potatoes are in this!”-Alane
If you don’t have any broccoli & clover sprouts, some of the SunGarden sprouts that I think would be great on this burger are:
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
Get the recipe
- 1 lb Ground meat
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- Drizzle Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Firecracker hot sauce
- ½ tsp Salt plus more for sweet potatoes
- 1 cup SunGarden Broccoli and Clover Blend or your favorite sprouts!
- Preheat oven on 425 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ½ in chunks and place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. When the timer is up, check sweet potatoes and if they are not cooked the way through, continue cooking until they are.
- While potatoes are cooking, place ground meat in bowl with salt and Firecracker Hot Sauce. Wait to mix until sweet potatoes are added so that you don't overwork the ground meat.
- Let cool for a few minutes, enough to be able to handle them without burning yourself.
- Measure 1 cup of sweet potatoes and mash with a fork. Add them to the bowl with ground meat and mix ingredients together. Save extra sweet potatoes to serve as a side dish or throw into other meals.
- Patty out your burgers.
- Cook on skillet, in oven, or on grill
- Serve with SunGarden Broccoli and Clover Sprout Blend on top along with your favorite condiments!
- If you have spice sensitive people that will be enjoying the meal with you, you can add less hot sauce to the burger and save some for putting on top.
- You can mellow out the heat in the burger by adding cheese on top.
- Add chopped greens, such as kale or spinach, to the burger recipe for even more nutrients!
- Don't have any sweet potatoes but still want to make this burger? Replace the sweet potatoes with carrots, beets, or radishes for an equally delicious Firecracker BurgerFit burger!
- Create your own BurgerFit Deconstructed recipe by putting these in a tortilla for taco night.
Get the mustard featured in this BurgerFit Friday video
Get the mustard featured in this BurgerFit Friday video
Get the sprouts featured in this BurgerFit Friday
Meet our Founder, Koops', and SunGarden
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
SunGarden Natural Ingredients are sprouted seeds with intriguing nutritional benefits. There’s a period right after a seed has sprouted, but before it’s a plant, when the potential for nutrition, taste, and performance rises. With less bitterness and more nutrition, sprouted grains and seeds are popping up everywhere. We can sprout, dry, and mill to meet customer specifications. By choosing us you can be sure that all products have undergone rigorous quality and food safety processes to ensure our ingredients are among the safest in the industry.
How We Met
BurgerFit and Koops’ Mustard met before going to the World Food Championships. Since mustard pairs perfectly with burgers, BurgerFit offered samples of Koops’ Mustard in their Tasting Pavilion booth. From there, they continued their relationship by partnering for BurgerFit Friday.
BurgerFit and SunGarden met through mutual connections in the same town where BurgerFit is headquartered. Both companies immediately connected through helping people eating healthier. Sprouts are a perfect, simple addition to any mal and we love how well they go with BurgerFit.
Looking for other healthy BurgerFit Recipes?
Check out our top dietary lifestyle blogs!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
This recipe is a bomb! We tried it yesterday and I couldn’t get over to how tasty the entire burger was. The pork meat, sweet potato and the hot sauce combined together is something I thought I’d never love but I did. I have shared this recipe to my friends and I couldn’t wait for their feedback.
Hi Mellissa, thank you for sharing this recipe to your friends. I hope you they love it!