This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Keto Smothered Cabbage
About the RecipeJump to Recipe
My sister-in-law, Angela, is an amazing cook, and we had a lot of fun creating this Keto Smothered Cabbage BurgerFit Deconstructed recipe together! She is married to my brother, who I don’t think ever actually gets full, and has three growing kids. Mealtime is a big deal in her house! She often says she makes this when she needs to throw something together quickly and easily. The first time you make this, you may feel it is neither quick nor easy, but once you get the hang of it, there is really no screwing it up… It will come out delicious no matter what!
Get the Recipe
This Keto Smothered Cabbage recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
- 1 tsbp cooking fat
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar divided
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp curry more if desired
- 2-3 BurgerFit burgers cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat, add cooking fat and onions, stir occasionally. Once onions are browned, add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, stock or water, apple cider vinegar, and salt, and turn heat down to medium. Stir everything together in the skillet. Cover the pan and turn down heat to medium low. Check after 10-15 minutes. You want the cabbage to be browned and glazed, but not burnt. Add curry powder and stir.
- Once the cabbage is browned, take off the lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add more garlic and curry powder to taste if desired.
- Add BurgerFit burgers, turn heat to low, and cover. Do a taste check after 5 minutes. If everything tastes great, you are ready to eat! Continue to cook covered on low if you think it needs more time. Add additional spices if needed.
Need a BurgerFit Recipe?
Not sure what BurgerFit recipe to make or just want to find a BurgerFit recipe to use up the vegetables you have in your kitchen? We’ve got a list of our Top 20 BurgerFit recipes! You can find recipes for everything from spinach to eggplant to cauliflower and peas. There are so many ideas for the most common vegetables found in your kitchen!
What Would Alane Do
In this case, What Would Angela Do! She says to add a fried egg on top, and we can’t disagree! This woman gets us.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
I have used both water and chicken stock and I must say, the chicken stock gives out a better flavor. A perfect recipe for busy moms out there!
We appreciate your review, Denise! We’re glad you loved the recipe!