This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Mexican Quinoa Salad
Why eat this recipe?
Quinoa is a complete protein, acting as the perfect base for mixing in all the other veggies. A hearty dose of cilantro adds antioxidants and helps detox heavy metals.
Get the Recipe
This Gluten-Free Mexican Quinoa Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing is super easy to prepare, filling, and delicious!
Mexican Quinoa Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small can corn strained (we recommend non-GMO corn)
- 1 can organic black beans strained
- 1 red or orange pepper chopped
- ½ cup baby tomatoes halved
- ¼ red onion sliced thinly
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
Avocado Cumin Lime Dressing
- ½ large avocado
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Put 1 cup quinoa and 3/4 cup water into a small saucepan, cover, and bring to boil. When it starts to boil, turn to low and simmer 20 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Let cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare veggies and add them to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: blend all ingredients in a blender until silky smooth. Add more salt, lime, or cumin to adjust to your liking. It should be lime-forward with a hint of cumin.
- Combine quinoa with veggies, then add some of the dressing and toss - usually there is a little left over that you can store for another use.
Need a BurgerFit Recipe?
Not sure what BurgerFit recipe to make or just want to find a BurgerFit recipe to use up the vegetables you have in your kitchen? We’ve got a list of our Top 20 BurgerFit recipes! You can find recipes for everything from spinach to eggplant to cauliflower and peas. There are so many ideas for the most common vegetables found in your kitchen!
What Would Alane Do
I LOVE spicy foods! To add some heat, add jalapeno.
Meet our Founder & Recipe Author
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Kassia Fiedor is a private chef, holistic nutritionist, and herbalist from Southern California. She lived in Guatemala for 5 years where she gained an appreciation for Guatemalan foods. She combined this experience with her passion for holistic living and using food as medicine and authored her Cocina Holistica cookbook.
How We Met
You never know what chance of meeting you are going to have with someone amazing! I was getting ready for my spotlight author signing at the Nashville Health and Wellness Fest when this beauty showed up just a little early for her author signing. That beauty was Kassia! We exchanged brief introductions and information with each other and I quickly fell in love with what she does with her brand. I was so excited to shoot our first vegan episode with her and her plant-based approach to food!
I made this light and refreshing quinoa salad recipe with ingredients I already have on hand! I was able to convince my friend that this flavorful Mexican salad is vegan and gluten-free and the perfect vegetarian meal to add to our rotation.
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review, Trinity! This salad is very healthy and it doesn’t require a lot of time to make. Your friend will love it!!