Whole30 Banana Pancakes & Raspberry Breakfast Sausage
Fletcher and Ruby
This episode of Cooking with My Friends features Whole30 Banana Pancakes & Raspberry Breakfast Sausage with Ruby & Fletch! Ruby loves cooking and one of her favorite meals to make is breakfast! Her and her family love eating healthy and putting a twist on traditional comfort foods. Alane’s son, Fletcher, & niece, Ruby, love showing off their kitchen skills and wanted to share what some of their favorite breakfast recipes to cook are. Ruby, 6, is a big sister to two brothers, she loves animals, dancing, swimming, and taking care of her family. She is strong too and can climb a rope 10 ft off the ground and reach the top. Fletcher, 5, is a musician, meditation writer, and loves going for hikes! Together along with Alane, they made easy 3-ingredient banana pancakes and raspberry breakfast sausage! Ruby also shares ideas of toppings other than maple syrup to use on top of your pancakes. Watch the episode for lots of giggles, yummy food, and fun!
“Ruby, you just became a new master!” -Fletcher
Watch the Episode
Alane assists Chef Ruby and Chef Fletcher with the tasty Whole30 Banana Pancakes & Raspberry Breakfast Sausage. You can view the full episode of breakfast with Ruby & Etch, and see just how to make both dishes on YouTube.
Why eat Whole30 Banana Pancakes & Raspberry Breakfast Sausage?
Not only are these 3-ingredient banana pancakes easy to make, but they are also gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole30, Keto, and paleo! They make the perfect breakfast for adults and kids alike on any dietary lifestyle. Although you may have made these pancakes, you may have made them with the traditional ratio of 2 eggs per 1 banana but Ruby showed a better, more filling way: 4 eggs per 1 banana and if you do 2 bananas, do a total of 9 eggs!
They also pair perfectly with the raspberry breakfast sausage which is also gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole30, Keto, and paleo! If you’ve ever tried blueberry breakfast sausage and loved it, you have to try this raspberry breakfast sausage. Together, the banana pancakes and raspberry breakfast sausage make for a filling and delicious breakfast for anyone!
Get the Recipes
These recipes are super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making them!
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add a little butter to coat the pan.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl.
- Peel the bananas and add to another medium bowl.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash the banana until there are no more clumps.
- Add the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, add the pancake batter to the hot skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Add a little more butter to the skillet in between cooking pancakes.
- Serve with butter, and maple syrup and another sprinkle of cinnamon!
- After pouring the batter on the skillet, add fresh fruit like blueberries or raspberries or sprinkle with chocolate chips!
- Serve the pancakes with peanut butter, almond butter, or yogurt!
Raspberry Breakfast Sausage
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix all ingredients except the cooking fat until fully combined.
- Form into about 12 patties.
- Add cooking fat to skillet and set over medium-high heat.
- When the cooking fat is hot, add the sausage patties and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until the patties are fully cooked.
- Add a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten these up
- Use ground chicken or turkey in place of ground pork
Meet the Hosts
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Fletcher, 5, is a musician, meditation writer, and loves going for hikes!
Ruby, 6, is a big sister to two brothers, she loves animals, dancing, swimming, and taking care of her family. She is strong too and can climb a rope 10 ft off the ground and reach the top.
About Cooking With My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!