This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
There’s nothing better than easy dairy-free and gluten-free Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins! These are perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even dessert! The majority of these muffins are made from chickpeas, pumpkin, and eggs, so you will be covering a wide spectrum of nutrition with protein, fiber, and vitamins. And the best part is, your kids won’t even realize they are eating healthy!
I love making these in the fall when the pumpkins from our garden are coming up. You end up with a lot of purees from just one pumpkin so cooking all the pumpkin recipes is a must! I didn’t include pumpkin spice in this recipe because while I love my pumpkin spice when I’m making up a lot of pumpkin recipes at once, it’s nice to have one dish without pumpkin spice in it. This will give you a nice variety to your fall treats! But if you disagree or just need more pumpkin spice in your life (totally understandable), add a tablespoon of pumpkin spice into the batter and have yourself some chocolate pumpkin spice muffins!
My favorite way to enjoy these is as a dessert with a half tablespoon of almond butter and a little bit of plain yogurt on top. You will not regret it! It is so delicious!! After I told my husband about this trick, he was eating two at a time. They are super filling when served with the extra ingredients and could make for a full meal and not just a dessert.
Not sure how to roast a pumpkin? Read our quick how-to here!
Want more pumpkin recipes? Get our best pumpkin recipes here!
There are few things in life that can be eaten for any meals of the day, dessert, or a snack. This is one of them. Make them now!! You won’t regret it. – Alane
Get the Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees.
- Add the pumpkin puree, garbanzo beans, and dates to food processor. Blend until fully combined. Do not to blend fully into a soup texture. The muffins will still come out but they may turn out mushy.
- Move mixture from the food processor to a mixer and add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds to combine ingredients. This will prevent the cocoa from exploding all over your kitchen. Then mix on high for one minute.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners and pour mixture into muffin pan. These will not rise very much so you can fill almost to the top, leaving a little room in case it rises slightly. Cook for 20 minutes or all the way done through the middle of the muffin.
- Serve with half a tablespoon of almond butter and a little bit of plain yogurt on top.
- Warm in the oven before serving for added goodness.
- Add chocolate chips to the recipe.
- Add raspberries to the recipe.
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!