This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content. This recipe is sponsored by Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden.
Whole30 Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers, Koops’ Mustard, and SunGarden Sprouts! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Keto, Paleo, Whole30 Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing recipe with Dijon Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden Spicy Sprouts mix!
This dressing tastes like summer
We’re getting ready for summer with this recipe: an easy keto, Paleo, Whole30 Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing with blended ground beef, Radish & Lemon BurgerFit burger with Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden sprouts!
Making my own salad dressing has quickly become my preference over store-bought dressings. This Whole30 Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing is easily made with just a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. I love using fresh lemons and often buy a bag of organic lemons every time I am at the grocery but you can use lemon juice too! You can also substitute any of the herbs and use what you have. Crushed rosemary and thyme would be fantastic in this dressing too.
A raw radish may not be at the top of the list of your favorite vegetables, it is on the top of mine either. But, when radishes are roasted, it takes on a whole new flavor. All of the bitterness you usually taste disappears and you are left with a mild-flavored vegetable. If you have ever gotten a CSA through the spring and summer, you may be overwhelmed with the number of radishes included in every box. That is actually what happened to me several years ago and I could never get through the radishes before it was time to get my next box. My sister was running into the same problem and then found that you could roast them! It was a game-changer. There are a couple of reasons radishes are so plentiful: they have a short maturity period and they take up little room in the garden bed! Radishes are often used in between growing vegetables that take longer to get to maturity. As a reference point, radishes take 25 days to mature while squash takes 80 days, and tomatoes take over 60 days!
This burger doesn’t have to be made with ground beef, it can easily be substituted with your favorite type of ground meat like ground chicken, pork, and turkey.
Trying to get kids to eat vegetables can be really difficult and that is why I love that this burger is blended with radishes and their greens. Kids (and picky adults) won’t even know they are eating vegetables and they will be loving it! Using sprouts can also be a win for getting a kid to eat vegetables. A radish sprout is a lot less intimidating to try than a whole radish, which can be bitter and spicy. Sprouts are cute and fun and they make kids curious. Plus, sprouts have such a concentrated amount of nutrients that you don’t have to worry about your kids not getting their vitamins and minerals – a small portion of sprouts will have them covered!
When roasting the radishes, I used coconut oil but you could use any cooking fat that you prefer to cook with: olive oil, avocado oil, lard, tallow, etc.
I used the Dijon Koops’ Mustard to make the dressing and the Jalapeno Mustard on top with the Spicy Sprout Mix from SunGarden. If you aren’t a spice fan, you can experiment with any of the Koops’ Mustards and SunGarden sprouts!
Some of the Koops’ Mustards that I think would be great on this burger are:
- Dusseldorph Koops’ Mustard
- Original Yellow Koops’ Mustard
- Stone Ground Koops’ Mustard
- Honey Dijon Koops’ Mustard
Some of the SunGarden sprouts that I think would be great on this burger are:
- Alfalfa SunGarden Sprouts
- Broccoli and Clover Blend SunGarden Sprouts
- Clover SunGarden Sprouts
- Mung Bean SunGarden Sprouts
My favorite way to eat this burger is over a bed of greens with the sprouts and mustard on top. I’ll also throw any of the unused radishes and radish greens, even if it is already blended, on the greens too. It is so delicious!!
This is the perfect lunch or dinner for me. It is an easy throw-together kind of meal based on what vegetables I have and I love using sprouts whenever I can! – Alane
Get the recipes
Radish & Lemon BurgerFit Burger
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the greens off the radishes and set aside. Remove any roots from the radish and discard. If the radishes are large, cut them in half. Coat the radishes with 1 tablespoon cooking fat, place on a baking tray, and cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While the radishes are baking, juice half a lemon, set aside, and rough chop the radish greens.
- Once the radishes are baked, add the greens to the hot pan with the radishes. The heat from the radishes will cook the greens and save you from having to cook them separately!
- Drizzle everything with the lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Add the radishes and greens to the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add the ground meat, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and Dijon Koops' Mustard. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal. If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burger and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite cheese and top with Dijon Koops' Mustard. Add Spicy Sprout Mix from SunGarden on top for extra flavor and extra nutrients.
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon Koops' Mustard or use your favorite!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest & juice 1 lemon (about 4 tablespoons juice and 3 teaspoons zest) *omit zest if you only have lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey more to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake or use a bowl and whisk.
- Lightly pour 2-3 tablespoons into a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup Spicy Sprout Mix from SunGarden.
- Place on top of a BurgerFit burger or bed of greens and sprinkle the Garlic Smoked Salts from BurgerFit on top.
- Add a sprinkle of feta cheese over salad and sprouts
- Substitute maple syrup in place of honey
- Other dried herbs can be substituted or added along with the oregano, such as thyme, mint, basil, rosemary.
Top your burger salad with Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden sprouts!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
Meet our Founder, Koops', and SunGarden
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
SunGarden Natural Ingredients are sprouted seeds with intriguing nutritional benefits. There’s a period right after a seed has sprouted, but before it’s a plant, when the potential for nutrition, taste, and performance rises. With less bitterness and more nutrition, sprouted grains and seeds are popping up everywhere. We can sprout, dry, and mill to meet customer specifications. By choosing us you can be sure that all products have undergone rigorous quality and food safety processes to ensure our ingredients are among the safest in the industry.
How We Met
BurgerFit and Koops’ Mustard met before going to the World Food Championships. Since mustard pairs perfectly with burgers, BurgerFit offered samples of Koops’ Mustard in their Tasting Pavilion booth. From there, they continued their relationship by partnering for BurgerFit Friday.
BurgerFit and SunGarden met through mutual connections in the same town where BurgerFit is headquartered. Both companies immediately connected through helping people eating healthier. Sprouts are a perfect, simple addition to any mal and we love how well they go with BurgerFit.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!