Gluten-free Carrot Top & Cilantro Pesto
“Pesto can make any meal feel fancier, especially when having guests over. That little pop of color is irresistible!”-Alane
- Pizza sauce – See the BurgerFit Deconstructed recipe for Flatbread
- Topped on Eggs
- On a grilled cheese
- On a burger
- Over bratwurst – one of my favorite ways to use this gluten-free Carrot Top and Cilantro Pesto recipe
- Tossed with Zoodles – See the BurgerFit recipe for the Zucchini Pesto BurgerFit Burger
- With a cheese plate
- On a sandwich
- Garnish over Roasted Tomato Soup – See the BurgerFit Deconstructed recipe for Roasted Tomato Soup
- Garnish over hummus – See the BurgerFit Deconstructed Pinto Bean & Koops’ Jalapeno Mustard recipe
Get the Recipe
Carrot Top & Cilantro Pesto
- 1 bunch carrot greens
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup olive oil more if needed for consistency
- ½ cup pine nuts can substitute with pecans and walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until fully blended.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!