This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Massaged Kale Salad BurgerFit Friday
It’s BurgerFit Friday sponsored by Koops’ Mustard! On this Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! In this episode, Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Gluten-Free Massaged Kale Salad & Koops’ Mustard Vinaigrette BurgerFit recipe!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more BurgerFit Friday episodes.
BurgerFit Friday is sponsored by Koops’ Mustard. Order their mustard at koopsmustard.com or on Amazon.
What do you mean, massage my kale?
These ingredients together are so forgiving that you don’t have to have exact measurements, it really can be to your preference! Here are some easy guidelines to follow:
- If it is too vinegary, add more olive oil and maybe little honey.
- If it is too sweet, add more Koops’ Mustard and vinegar.
- If it is too bland, add more Koops’ Mustard and vinegar.
“This is a great summer salad. You can use any of the Koops’ mustard, Dusselfdorf is good but I’ve used every single of them for my different dressings just to have a little bit different flavor.”-Alane
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
Get the recipe
Gluten-Free Massaged Kale Salad
- 1 lemon squeezed, or about 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dusseldorf Koops' Mustard
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
Massaged Kale Salad Ingredients
- 1 bunch chopped kale
- any vegetables that you like carrots, zuchinni, onion, tomato
- Put all ingredients into a jar, screw on lid and shake to mix. If you don't have a jar, use a bowl and whisk to combine ingredients.
- Taste and add more of any of the ingredients to your preference.
Massaged Kale Salad Instructions
- Chop up any of the vegetables that you want to add to your kale salad.
- Put chopped kale into a large bowl and pour half of the dressing over it. Always add it slow so that you don't overdo the dressing.
- Gently massage your kale while also mixing it with your hands for about 30 seconds.
- Once everything is well coated and massaged, add other vegetables and mix together. I like using tongs for this part.
- Add more dressing if needed.
- Leave out the honey to make this recipe Whole30.
- Swap out the apple cider vinegar with other vinegars you may already have in your pantry, such as, rice vinegar, white vinegar, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, etc.
- Use your favorite Koops' Mustard!
Get the mustard featured in this BurgerFit Friday video
Creamy, traditional condiment that’s perfect for your German-style bratwurst
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
How We Met
BurgerFit and Koops’ Mustard met before going to the World Food Championships. Since mustard pairs perfectly with burgers, BurgerFit offered samples of Koops’ Mustard in their Tasting Pavilion booth. From there, they continued their relationship by partnering for BurgerFit Friday.
Want BurgerFit Friday at your office?
If your business of office is in the Cookeville, TN area, please submit it on our BurgerFit Friday page!Learn More
My son loves this salad when I made it the first time. He was on a summer diet and been craving for healthier and easy to make foods. I found this recipe and was very happy with his feedback.
I’m happy to be able to introduce this healthy salad to your son Faye! You can also find a few more paleo, whole30 and dairy-free recipes here that I know your son will love.