This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content. This recipe is sponsored by Koops’ Mustard.
Making BurgerFit is easy!
On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Easy, Keto, Paleo, Whole30 blended meat + veggie BurgerFit burger recipe with Yellow Koops’ mustard!
An easy way to get your kids eating veggies
An Easy, Keto, Paleo, Whole30 blended meat + veggie burger recipe to get your kids eating vegetables! Making BurgerFit burgers has gotten my whole family to eat more vegetables (and helped me feel like mom of the year!). BurgerFit is a quick and healthy meal to throw together quickly after a long day of work, running errands, and trying to manage life. BurgerFit can be made with any type of ground meat – beef, turkey, chicken, or pork! In this recipe, we used ground pork. Using different meats helps keep our palates from getting bored of eating the same thing!
If you can, get your kids to help you make the BurgerFit burgers! Burgers are a great way to incorporate kids in the kitchen whether they are regulars in there or they’re just starting out. Chopping vegetables with a plastic kids knife, mixing the ground meat and veggies, making the patties, or even helping flip them in the skillet are all ways your kids can help you prepare the meal! Fletcher loves chopping and flipping the burgers on the stove (disclaimer: I am always right next to him to assist)!
We cook with iron skillets often so I always keep a HANDLENVY on the skillet handle. This way, I never burn my hand but more importantly, my son never burns his, and I can feel more confident about him helping flip the burgers.
At the end of a long day, I love making BurgerFit and not having to battle with Fletcher to eat his vegetables. -Alane
Get the recipe
Broccoli BurgerFit Burger
- Cut stalk from head of broccoli. Rough chop the head, including any greens. To cut the stalk, cut the bottom off so that it can stand flat.
- Stand the stem up and cut off the tough outside, following the shape of the stem.
- Once all of the exterior is removed, roughly chop the remaining stalk. Add the broccoli, greens, stalk, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ cup of water to a saucepan. Put heat on medium and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat if water is evaporating. Cook time is about 10 minutes. You want the broccoli soft but not mushy.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, put the broccoli, oregano, cumin, and garlic in the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 3-5 minutes on each side or to your preference. Cooking times vary depending on what type of meat you're using.
- Optional: Serve with sharp cheddar cheese.
Using different types of meats in your BurgerFit burgers will help keep your palate from getting bored of eating the same thing!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.