This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Apple Avocado Salad
“Avocado is so versatile with its mild flavor and creamy texture. We don’t have to just think of it for guacamole and avocado toast!” – Alane
Get the Recipe
Apple Avocado Salad
- 1 apple
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon juiced
- Pinch BurgerFit Smoked Salt and Pepper Blend or your favorite salt
- Slice avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop avocado out from the skin into a bowl and mash with a spoon or fork, or cut into cubes in the skin before scooping out.
- Remove apple core and slice apple into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to bowl of mashed avocado.
- Add the lemon juice and a large pinch of BurgerFit Smoked Salt and Pepper Blend to the avocado and apple and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Add chopped chicken to make this a full meal on its own.
- Add walnuts or pecans for an additional crunch and to make it more filling.
- Add other vegetables like tomatoes to make it even more nutritious!
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!