This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Bites
What makes this recipe special?Jump to Recipe
Why eat the Sweet Potato Bites?
According to Healthline, sweet potatoes are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re also high in antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage and chronic disease. Sweet potatoes contain fiber and antioxidants that promote the growth of good gut bacteria and contribute to a healthy gut. Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene and anthocyanins, antioxidants that may help prevent vision loss and improve eye health. Sweet potatoes are versatile and can be prepared in both sweet and savory dishes, making them an exceptional carb option for most people.
Get the Recipe
This Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Bites recipe is super easy to prepare and you’re going to have a blast making it!
Sweet Potato Toast Bites
- 1 Sweet potato sliced into medallions
- 1 tbsp Cooking fat
- 1 Jalapeño sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 BurgerFit burger broken into bite-size pieces
- Feta cheese to taste
- ¼ cup Koops' Jalapeno Mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut sweet potato into about ¼” slices and place them on a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush each one with cooking fat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer each slice with BurgerFit burgers, jalapenos, and feta cheese.
- Return to the oven for about 5 minutes until everything is warmed.
These are so easy to make, pick up, and eat that they are perfect for home parties and events. Put them out while watching football and other sporting events or baby and wedding showers.
Meet our Founder
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Very easy to make and very delicious. I had fun making this appetizer together with my best friend. Thanks Alane.
Hi Lorraine. I’m so happy that you and your bestfriend was able to do this together. The recipe is so easy to make and perfect for any events.