This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Keto Firecracker Hot Sauce BurgerFit Friday
It’s BurgerFit Friday sponsored by Koops’ Mustard! On this Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! In this episode, Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Keto Firecracker Hot Sauce BurgerFit recipe!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more BurgerFit Friday episodes.
The spicier the better
“Making hot sauce is a very forgiving process. Hot sauce is something you put on your food so you don’t have to worry about getting the recipe perfect. Once everything is blended, you’ll have a hot sauce you’ll love no matter what!”
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
Get the recipe
Keto Firecracker Hot Sauce
- ½ cup dried hot peppers: jalepeno and serrano peppers if you have fresh peppers, you can use those! I would start with doing fresh 6-8 hot peppers
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1¼ cup water divided, more if needed for consistency
- 4 garlic cloves if your garlic gloves are small, add a couple extra
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup Koops' mustard I filled up half a measuring cup of mostly Koops' Jalapeno Mustard with some Koops' Honey Mustard
- Remove the stems from the peppers. If you want the sauce less spicy remove some or all of the seeds.
- In a medium size pot, toast the peppers on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally and watch to keep from burning. The peppers will be very fragrant and may make your eyes water!
- Add the apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup water to pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the peppers are simmering, add the garlic, Koops' Mustard, salt and remaining water to blender.
- Once peppers are done simmering, add the entire mixture in the pot to the blender.
- Blend on low for about 30 seconds, then increase the speed to high for 1 minute. If needed, add more water until you reach your desired hot sauce consistency.
- Once you reach your ideal consistency, scrap the hot sauce into to a jar or small container with a lid for storing.
- Go ahead and give it a taste! Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of days for the flavors to fully combine.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.