This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Glazed Butternut Squash BurgerFit Friday
It’s BurgerFit Friday sponsored by Koops’ Mustard! On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious gluten-free Glazed Butternut Squash recipe with Stone Ground Koops’ mustard!”
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more BurgerFit Friday episodes.
The perfect side dish for the fall season
This simple & easy gluten-free glazed butternut squash recipe is a go-to this time of year because of the delicious fall flavors! But it’s also perfect any time of the year whether needed as a side dish for a BBQ or a holiday get-together.
Butternut squash is such a cool vegetable to me. They can last for months after taken off the vine! It is pretty remarkable that you can enjoy this vegetable at almost any time of the year. This year I planted several starter seeds, along with all the rest of the vegetables I wanted to start in my garden. We had an unexpected frost in May that killed all the starters except for the butternut squash. I have tons of butternut squash right now! I’m looking forward to enjoying them throughout the winter months.
Even though I used the Koops’ Stone Ground Mustard in this recipe, you can experiment with any of the Koops’ Mustards! Some other ones that I think would be great in this recipe are:
This gluten-free glazed butternut squash recipe pairs perfectly with almost any of our BurgerFit burger recipes. A few of my favorite BurgerFit recipes to eat with it are:
I love butternut squash because it lasts forever! You can be growing them all summer and they’ll last into the fall months just in time for the holidays. -Alane
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
How to Cut & Roast a Butternut Squash
- Using a sharp knife, cut the stem and the end of the butternut squash off and discard.
- Using the same knife or a vegetable peeler (a Y peeler works the best for this), remove the skin from the squash.
- Cut the squash in half crosswise and scoop out the seeds and discard (or save and roast for a delicious salad topper!).
- Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Note: it helps to start by cutting a 1/2 inch slab off of each half of the squash and then lay the half flat on the cutting board. That way, it’s not rolling around while you’re trying to cut it!
Add cubes to a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until you can easily pierce a piece of squash with a fork.
Get the recipe
Glazed Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven on 425 degrees.
- Place cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the butternut squash is roasting, mix together the glaze by pouring all remaining ingredients into a mason jar and shaking or whisk together in a bowl.
- Remove butternut squash from oven after 15 minutes and pour the glaze mixture over it.
- Return butternut squash to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. The glaze and butternut squash should start to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and add more salt and pepper as needed to taste.
- Reduce the amount of maple syrup or honey to have a less sweet dish.
- Add feta cheese for additional flavor.
What Would Alane Do
I like adding the crushed red pepper to give this a little kick but you can leave it out if you are not into spicy foods!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!