This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content. This recipe is sponsored by Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden.
Vegetable Medley & Sprout Salad Burger Topping
On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers, Koops’ Mustard, and SunGarden Sprouts! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Keto, Paleo, Whole30 Zucchini & Pesto BurgerFit burger recipe. Serve the burger with this delicious Vegetable Medley & Sprout Salad Burger Topping made with Dijon Koops’ Mustard and Alfalfa Sprout mix!
How many ways can I use my zucchinis?
Spring/summer is finally here and this means the fresh vegetables will be rolling in! Zucchini is one of my favorite summer vegetables because you can do so many different things with it. I love making this Vegetable Medley & Sprout Salad Burger Topping paired with this BurgerFit burger recipe, but I also love making zucchini muffins and breads.
Trying to get kids to eat vegetables can be really difficult and that is why I love that this burger is blended with zucchini and pesto. I like making my own homemade pesto from the basil in my garden, but I will buy store-bought anytime I don’t have basil on hand! Pesto is a food that can be frozen so easily so I typically will make several large batches in the summer and then freeze them in ice cube trays.
Zucchinis are such a great vegetable to blend with ground meat because they can easily blend into the flavor of the meat (which is why zucchini can also be used to make breads and muffins)! Kids (and picky adults) won’t even know they are eating vegetables and they will be loving it! Using sprouts can also be a win for getting a kid to eat vegetables. A sprout is a lot less intimidating to try than a whole vegetable. Sprouts are cute and fun and they make kids curious. Plus, sprouts have such a concentrated amount of nutrients that you don’t have to worry about your kids not getting their vitamins and minerals – a small portion of sprouts will have them covered!
When cooking the zucchini, I used coconut oil but you could use any cooking fat that you prefer to cook with: olive oil, avocado oil, lard, tallow, etc.
I love using the Dijon Koops’ Mustard with the Alfalfa Sprout Mix from SunGarden because both flavors are adaptable to whatever they are paired with. If you want to try other mustards or sprouts, you can experiment with any of the Koops’ Mustards and SunGarden sprouts!
Some of the Koops’ Mustards that I think would be great on this burger are:
- Original Yellow Koops’ Mustard
- Stone Ground Koops’ Mustard
- Jalapeno Koops’ Mustard
- Honey Dijon Koops’ Mustard
Some of the SunGarden sprouts that I think would be great on this burger are:
- Crispy Mix SunGarden Sprouts
- Broccoli and Clover Blend SunGarden Sprouts
- Clover SunGarden Sprouts
- Mung Bean SunGarden Sprouts
My favorite way to eat this burger is over a bed of greens with sprouts, mustard, and a little feta or goat cheese on top! I’ll also throw any of the unused zucchini (even if it is already blended) on the greens too. It is so delicious!! I usually don’t even use a salad dressing and use the mustard as if it was. If I decide I want a little dressing, I’ll usually whip up one of my favorite jar-shaken ones. My boys (my husband and son) always love making a traditional burger with a bun, pickles, and cheese. If you don’t have any zucchini but have other vegetables on hand, try one of our other BurgerFit recipes! Here are a few of my favorite BurgerFit burgers:
This is the perfect lunch or dinner for me. It is an easy throw-together kind of meal based on what vegetables I have and I love using sprouts whenever I can! -Alane
Get the recipes
Zucchini Pesto BurgerFit Burger
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Cut the zucchini into cubes and saute in skillet with 1 tablespoon cooking fat and ½ teaspoon salt until soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. For the last couple of minutes, add the spinach into the skillet to cook with the zucchini.
- Once the zucchini and spinach are cooked, add the zucchini, spinach, and 1½ tablespoons pesto to the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Depending on the pesto you use, this might be too salty: If it is, use less than a teaspoon of salt when adding to the ground beef in the next step. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers 5 minutes each side or cook to your preference. Cooking times vary depending on your what time of meat you are using.
- Add Spicy Sprout Mix from SunGarden on top for extra flavor and extra nutrients.
- Optional: Eat with leftover sauteed zucchini over a spinach salad.
Sauteed Vegetables with Honey Mustard Sauce
Sauteed Veggies & Mustard Sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Chop the zucchini and carrots and add to the skillet. Mince the garlic.
- Sautee the veggies until just about tender and add the garlic. Continue sauteing until veggies are tender and garlic is fragrant.
- While the veggies are finishing cooking, add the BurgerFit burger to the other side of the skillet to heat up.
- Mix together the Spicy Brown Mustard and the honey until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the veggies and BurgerFit burger from the skillet. Drizzle the honey mustard over the veggies.
- Let the remaining oil in the skillet cool slightly. Add the arugula to the skillet and toss to coat the greens in the garlic-infused oil. Remove from the skillet and add to a bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar and toss to coat the greens. Sprinkle with BurgerFit Smoked Salts.
- Add the greens as a side to the veggies and BurgerFit burger.
- Use any vegetables that you have and saute them with the honey mustard sauce.
- You can use any cooking oil of your choice, like coconut oil, avocado oil, rendered lard, tallow, etc.
- You can easily replace the honey with maple syrup!
- If you have don't have fresh garlic, use garlic powder instead.
Top burger with Koops’ Mustard and SunGarden sprouts!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
Meet our Founder, Koops', and SunGarden
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
SunGarden Natural Ingredients are sprouted seeds with intriguing nutritional benefits. There’s a period right after a seed has sprouted, but before it’s a plant, when the potential for nutrition, taste, and performance rises. With less bitterness and more nutrition, sprouted grains and seeds are popping up everywhere. We can sprout, dry, and mill to meet customer specifications. By choosing us you can be sure that all products have undergone rigorous quality and food safety processes to ensure our ingredients are among the safest in the industry.
How We Met
BurgerFit and Koops’ Mustard met before going to the World Food Championships. Since mustard pairs perfectly with burgers, BurgerFit offered samples of Koops’ Mustard in their Tasting Pavilion booth. From there, they continued their relationship by partnering for BurgerFit Friday.
BurgerFit and SunGarden met through mutual connections in the same town where BurgerFit is headquartered. Both companies immediately connected through helping people eating healthier. Sprouts are a perfect, simple addition to any mal and we love how well they go with BurgerFit.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.