This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Gluten-Free Creamy BurgerFit Noodles BurgerFit Friday
It’s BurgerFit Friday sponsored by Koops’ Mustard! On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Gluten-Free creamy BurgerFit Noodles recipe with Koops’ Spicy Brown Mustard and Koops’ Original Yellow Mustard!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more BurgerFit Friday episodes.
Hamburger helper, but make it healthy
This quick, low-carb, keto, gluten-free creamy BurgerFit noodles recipe will take you back to being a kid and eating hamburger helper – but a lot healthier! You can use this recipe as a base and add in other vegetables, such as sauteed mushrooms. The first time I made it, I did that and it was absolutely delicious! Other vegetables that would also go well in this recipe are sauteed onions and bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. I used spaghetti squash for my noodles but this could be replaced with any type of noodle that you have whether wheat-based or gluten-free. I think it would also be good with rice or over quinoa. I simplified the recipe a bit in the video but have included additional steps in the recipe below to give it added flavor.
Even though I used the Koops’ Spicy Brown Mustard and Koops’ Original Yellow Mustard in this recipe, you can experiment with any of the Koops’ Mustards! Some other ones that I think would be great in this recipe are:
You can really use almost any of the BurgerFit burger recipes in this gluten-free creamy BurgerFit noodles recipe! If you are using the Beet BurgerFit burger recipe though and use red beets, it will most likely turn your creamy noodles into a pink color, which may not be the most appetizing look for a meal! Even though it would still taste great, I would use it in a different recipe and pick one of the other BurgerFit recipes to use in this one. A few of my favorite BurgerFit recipes to eat with the creamy noodles are:
Sometimes a classic childhood meal hits the spot, but I find there are always ways to make a healthier version of it! -Alane
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
Get the recipe
Creamy BurgerFit Noodles
- 1 spaghetti squash cooked, or favorite noodle
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 BurgerFit Burgers chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup broth vegetable, chicken, or beef
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Koops' Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tbsp Koops' Yellow Mustard
- Pinch of dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut a butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- If not using cooked spaghetti squash, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Place skillet on stove on medium heat, add butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, and stir together. Be careful to not let the butter burn.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir the yogurt and mustards into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add BurgerFit burgers pieces to heat.
- When the spaghetti squash is done cooking and cook enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash out of the skin and add to the skillet. Toss to coat and garnish with parsley.
- Add sauteed mushrooms for more amazing flavor into this recipe!
- Replace spaghetti squash or noodles with rice or quinoa.
- Add more vegetables - sauteed onions and bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots to this recipe to make it even more healthy.
- Add a little spice to it by adding red pepper flakes.
- Make it Paleo & Whole30 by using coconut or almond milk yogurt and ghee instead of butter.
Other vegetables that would also go well in this recipe are sauteed onions and bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots.
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!