This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Plant-Based BurgerFit Burger
Celebrate Lent went plant-based burgers
Easy, delicious, Vegetarian, Vegan, and Plant-Based BurgerFit burger recipe to get you through the Lent season – and it’s so tasty, you may want to continue making it even when Lent is up! If you observe this springtime season of reflection, you’re likely giving up meat on Fridays and looking for vegetarian options instead. Look no further! BurgerFit makes it easy for you to observe Lent and eat delicious meals at home, while still getting the satisfaction of eating a burger.
Even though my BurgerFit recipes call for ground meat, you can easily swap it out for 2, 15 oz cans of cooked lentils. I was actually a vegetarian for many years and really enjoyed that lifestyle! I think both ways of eating are great and it really depends on what works for you. Variety is important to me, and sometimes it’s just nice to have a break from ground meat but still have a “burger” for my salads or my boy’s wraps.
I truly love vegetarian BurgerFit burgers just as much as the ground meat ones and because they’re made out of lentils, you’re still getting a good amount of protein! Even if you’re not vegetarian or vegan, give these Plant-Based BurgerFit burgers a try (especially if you’re giving up ground meat for Lent!). The seasonings and flavors from the vegetables make this a really flavorful meal that you may decide you need to make more often.
Even though I used the Koops’ Arizona Heat Mustard, you can experiment with any of the Koops’ Mustards! Some other ones that I think would be great in this recipe are:
A few other favorite vegan versions of our BurgerFit burger recipes:
Sometimes it’s nice to have a break from ground meet and try something different!
Get the recipe
Plant-Based BurgerFit Burger
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 bag frozen or fresh snap peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos divided
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 2 cans cooked lentils
- 1-2 cups cooked quinoa Use already cooked quinoa or make your own!
- 1 tbsp Koops' Arizona Heat Mustard or use your favorite mustard!
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon cooking fat. Rough chop bok choy, and saute with the snap peas and 1/2 teaspoon salt until salt, about 10 minutes.
- Once the snap peas and bok choy are cooked, add the snap peas, bok choy, 2 teaspoons coconut aminos, and hot sauce to the food processor (or finely chop). Let the mixture cool completely. Taste the vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired.
- In a large bowl, add the lentils and quinoa. Mash the lentils and quinoa together with your hands until well incorporated. Add the remaining teaspoon of coconut aminos and salt. Gradually incorporate the vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place your burgers on a sheet pan and cook in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Switch up the flavors in the burger by adding 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon ginger to the burger mix!
What Would Alane Do
Switch up the flavors in the burger by adding 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon ginger to the burger mix!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!