This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Paleo Basil Margarita
My palate for margaritas has changed significantly over the years and some days I feel wilder than others. Making my own mixed drinks give me the flexibility to make it just the way I am wanting it that day. I may adjust this recipe slightly and do less tequila, or even spice things up by pouring the tequila into a jar of jalapeno slices while I am getting everything together to make my margarita. Sometimes I’ve even been known to pour some kombucha into my margarita. I’m not a fan of a salted rim but if you like it, go for it!
The Paleo Basil Margarita is one of my favorite drinks to have on a Friday after work on a summer night. And it is a way for me to use all the fresh basil growing in my garden in something other than pesto.
“It is nice to have a drink every once in a while and not feel guilty about it!” -Alane Boyd
Get the Recipe
Paleo Basil Margarita
- Use a muddler, place chopped basil at the bottom of your cocktail shaker and gives it a few muddles. This will start releasing the oils in the leaves which will give your drink more basil flavor. If you don't have a muddler, you can use a mason jar and a bowl to muddle the basil and grapes.
- Pour honey and hot water into shaker. This will make a “simple syrup” so that the honey will dissolve. Stir well.
- Add tequila, grape juice, and lime or lemon juice.
- Place lid on shaker and give it a good shake!
- Salt your glass rim if desired.
- Pour over ice in your favorite drinking glass.
- Drop jalapeno slices into a jar with tequila while you are prepping your margaritas. This will spice things up!
- Maple syrup can be switched out for honey.
- Experiment with other fruits! Blueberries and strawberries are delicious in this recipe too.
Get the Products Featured in this Episode of "What's In Our Pantry?"
Meet Our Host
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Say Hi, and get more FREE recipes!
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!
About Cooking with My Friends
Cooking with My Friends is a video series in which host, Alane Boyd, cooks healthy meals to help people get more comfortable in the kitchen. She sometimes travels to cook with chefs and home cooks around the world!