This website earns income from affiliate links, ads, and sponsored content.
Beet & Horseradish BurgerFit Burger BurgerFit Friday
It’s BurgerFit Friday sponsored by Koops’ Mustard! On Friday’s, BurgerFit CEO Alane Boyd gets creative with BurgerFit burgers and Koops’ Mustard! Alane uses ingredients from her home to create this delicious Beet & Horseradish BurgerFit Burger with Horseradish Koops’ mustard!”
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to see more BurgerFit Friday episodes.
Eating beets and loving it
“Don’t pass this recipe up because you don’t like beets or horseradish! You won’t be able to taste them in the burger and they will be loaded with extra vitamins and flavor! – Alane
Watch the BurgerFit Friday Video
Get the recipe
Beet & Horseradish BurgerFit Burger
- 2 beets cubed
- Beet greens or swiss chard if your beets don't have their greens
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- Cooking fat
- 2 tbsp Horseradish Koops' Mustard
- 1 garlic clove or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground meat
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the greens and stems from the beets.
- Cut the beets into cubes and coat with 1 tablespoon cooking fat and 1 teaspoon salt (no need to peel the beets unless you prefer to). Roast them in the oven for 15 minutes. They are done when you can easily put a fork through them. When you remove the beets from the oven, add the greens. The heat from the beets will cook the greens and save you from having to cook them separately!
- Once the beets and greens are cooked, put the beets, beet greens, horseradish, and garlic in the food processor (or finely chop). Taste vegetable mixture and add more salt if desired. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat and remaining teaspoon of salt. Gradually incorporate vegetable mixture into the ground meat. Add as much as you can while still being able to form your burgers as normal.*If you end up adding too much vegetable mixture, don’t worry! Just form your burgers and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cook burgers on medium heat on the stove for 5 minutes each side or to your preference. Cooking times can vary.
- Optional: top burgers with goat cheese and Koops' Honey Dijon Mustard and serve over a bed of salad greens.
- If you don't have beet greens, you can use any other hardy greens like kale, swiss chard, and spinach.
- Add Arizona Heat Koops' Mustard on top for an extra kick.
Add Arizona Heat Koops’ Mustard on top of the Beet & Horseradish BurgerFit burger for an extra kick.
Meet our Founder & Koops'
Alane has kept her 40 lb weight loss off since 2013, and created BurgerFit and Cooking with My Friends as a way to get her family eating better. Her health journey started in 2012 after being diagnosed with high blood pressure and obesity. Frustrated and determined, Alane decided to make small, sustainable changes in her diet so that it would be maintainable for a lifetime. Now Alane maintains a healthy weight range and has incorporated quick and easy recipes that keep her picky family members eating better!
Koops’ isn’t your ordinary mustard. It’s extraordinary mustard. With 14 bold flavors that can satisfy any appetite, it makes good food great and great food amazing. We like to think our mustards make everything you spread them on a little better. Well, now your favorite mustard makes the planet a little better too. Sustainably farmed, these organic varieties have all the flavor and texture of the mustard you love.
BurgerFit helps make eating veggies fun and delicious for your pickiest of eaters! Our new take on an old classic combines veggies into delicious meat burgers, transforming them into healthy meals that everyone from 2 to 82 years old can enjoy. Each recipe has been tested with kids of all ages, both young and the grown ones. You’ll have them eating beets (and loving it) before they know it!